Bunk Bed Safety
BUNK BED WARNING:
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT SAFETY TO HELP PREVENT SERIOUS OR FATAL INJURIES FROM ENTRAPMENT OR FALLS:
• Always use the recommended size mattress for your application to prevent the likelihood of entrapment or falls.
• Surface of mattress must be at least 5 inches below the upper edge of guardrails.
• Children under the age of 6 years old should not be permitted to use the top bunk.
• Periodically check to ensure that the guardrail, the ladder, and other components are in their proper position, free from damage and that all connections are secure.
• Never allow horseplay on or under the bed. Always prohibit jumping on the bed
• Maximum total weight is not to exceed 400lbs on the upper bunk.
• Always use the appropriate ladder for entering and leaving the upper bunk.
• Do not substitute parts, contact the manufacturer or dealer for replacement parts.
• Use of a nightlight may provide added safety for children using the top bunk.
• Always use long guardrail on the backside of the upper bunk.
• More than one person is not recommended on top bunk at any time.
• The use of water or sleep flotation mattress is prohibited.
• Prohibit more than one person on upper bunk.
• Always use guardrails on both long sides of the upper bunk. If the bunk bed will be placed
next to a wall, the guardrail that runs the full length of the bed must be placed
against the wall to prevent entrapment between the bed and the wall.
• STRANGULATION HAZARD : Never attach or hang items to any part of the Bunk Bed
that are not designed for use with the bed: for example, but not limited to, hooks, belts
and jump ropes